Friday, March 2, 2007

Friday….PM

Ok….what do people here do on the eve of the weekend? I wonder if they do like other N/A.

Back at my morning resto for cafe and croissant (here they call it half moon). I see less people going to work, the sun is beaming, warming up already and people are now looking for umbrellas and those famous awnings to get out of the sun. Hey I noticed one thing here...its a northern sun. We get a southern sun most of the time unless we are in the dead of summer and even so it is never really north.

I made my first few phone calls today. I confirmed my flight for 5 pm(lots of pics will be taken) called a doctor, he was a guy I met in the bar at the Toronto airport. He suggested that we get together for dinner and drinks. He was busy, I said I would try later. The other called I made was to a Spanish teacher who offers to join you over lunch and speak Spanish and learn more about the city. Well she was booked all day but invited me to come over and meet her. I did so. I will try to reach her once I return to BA.

I am now having lunch at a resto called “Los Portenos” in the Recoleta Section of the city. As I sit waiting for my lunch I notice on the TV that yesterdays down pour created some serious flooding especially in the low lying areas of town. In one section of the city “La Boca” you can still see boats being use as transportation since it always floods there during rain season.

Well back to what people do ....one thing I noticed is they love to line up. They line up for bank tellers....40 to 50 people in one bank and at the same bank at least 20 people lined up outside waiting to use the ATM. Gee there must of been a sale on their money today.

For those who know me...where is the Harley Davidson built? ...Answer Milwaukee WI. I heard and saw one today...my first...and it was a pleasure to hear that machine roll by as the sound of those other motorized sewing machines from the J. A. Pan can be annoying.

I got to meet the pilot and his girlfriend. He took us to the airport to do a 1 hour flight around the city and out to a small island where prisoners were sent to back in the old days. I got a chance to fly the plane and that was quite an experience. Since this pilot is doing these flights to put in more hours for his license he did mention that I was pretty good at the flying stuff.

I took many picture and should be able to post them in a few days.








We went for dinner at the end of time together. It was a great place near the water...especially with the full moon and the pending eclipse to take place here around 2 am Saturday morning.

YOU can find him at the following website.
http://flyba.skyblog.com/

Tomorrow Saturday I am off to the Iguazzu falls. I hope to have an update of my trip later tomorrow or Sunday.

Until next time....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Noite boa!
(Oups! mauvais pays!)

Bon, alors... c'est ton jour de chance! Ayant gagné 10$ à la loterie hier, je tiens à partager mon gain et, désire faire preuve d'incommensurable générosité à ton égard: je t'invite à manger des sushis chez Bishuko, sur Bishop coin René Lévesque, dès que t'auras fini de visiter tes chutes Niagara argentines...disons rendez-vous vers...20 heures?

Ta cousine Natasha

Anonymous said...

Quelle aventure!

Les photos sont magnifiques, la température enviable et si on compare le tout avec le record de froid de 1989 que nous avons battu hier...shenoute que je t'envie!... Profites-en, manges-en de ces beaux moments, il y a déjà une semaine de passer. Et oui...le temps passe vite quand on s'amuse. Ici? on se conserve crois moi.

Bisous
danielle