Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Last dias, horas y momentos

That time has come...I have to leave this place. Oh well...I ventured and I saw some amazing things during my days in this country. I have had the company of family and friends reading and following me on this journey. I hope my stories were as fun to read as I had fun trying to convey my thoughts and feelings during my time here. Just imagine about 10 years ago this was not possible or hardly used. Someone asked if during my trip did the use of the internet help with the planing and if I did not have the internet how much would it of changed?

It did help me allot and if we did not have this method...well I would used the old method of calling. Remember when this method did not exist you could just say you were going to be there and your room was waiting for you....etc.

One thing I can say about the internet and all its glory...it is a great tool while on holidays. I did most of my work doing research etc on the net and with the use of a few books. From what I saw and experienced ....the use of the net is a more reliable method of gaining information about what you want to do or want to see... the book however is sometimes a bit behind in what has been published.

Hostels

I did the hostel thing on this trip. This was my first experience doing it. I was comfortable all the time that I used a hostel to lay my head down. ONe of the great benefits of hostelling is the most of them are multi purpose....with single rooms with facilities or if you are more adventurous share a room with people you dont know. In one instnace I was the only person in a 3 bed room. Meeting people was my objective and what a better way to meet them in a hostel. I met many Canadians, Americans, Australians and Brits in most if not all hostels. They are safe, cheap and provide the same comforts as a hotel would. Tyr it out next time if you want to be adventurous.

Don´t Cry for Argentina

No... most people should not cry for Argentina, although maybe we should. They are very passionate people and very fanatical about their politics. Let´s hope that they control that fever and allow this country to take center stage some day. They have lots to offer and it is enough for me to say that "I will come back here very soon"


Chow to Argentina....until the next time....Muchas Gracias !!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now, that made me cry. You are a lovely person Paul. Ana and I are very happy to know you. Hope to see you soon around!