Monday, March 19, 2007

Pinamar and back to BA

The small beach town of Pinamar was so similar to any beach that you would find in North America.(North Carolina, beaches in New Brunswick or PEI). The one intersting thing about this beach was it got started by an Architect who planted trees to chore up the sand dunes. He did this in the 1930 and today this modern little town has allot to offer.

Next morning I left for BA. This is the last leg of my trip. I arrive at Hotel Nagoro this time and since it was recommended by my two Laura friends, I took the plunge to stay in a place that I could relax before heading home.

Saturday as you all know was St Patricks day and yes they do celebrate it here also...but not on the same scale as we do in Canada or the US. The evening started with drinks in the bar chatting with a gentlmen from Belgium and next thing you know a conversation a couple from San Francisco and next thing you know...out the door we go...to find a place to eat. I recommended a restaurant nearby as I had been there before when I was in BA. The women of the couple from the US could speak spanish and she actually spent time here as her parents were from Argentina. Well that connection made for an interesting evening and she knew what to ask for at the restaurant and it made for an interesting evening of food and drinks.

After we got through all of the food we headed up the street to find a bar so we could enjoy the rest of the evening. Well we stubled into a bar where a live local band was playing. We found a seat...and this is when the drinks started pouring.....Champagne, Beer, Fernet and Coke....wel lets put it this way.....we got bak to the hotel at 6 am.

Once thins interesting about the evening was....everyone else was still awake and partying. Oh well so much for fun and an evening out in BA.....they just love it here.

Sunday

It started by getting late and missing breakfast. We went for a walk in St Thelmo the area where they antiques shops are and a huge flea market. We came back to the hotel and wanted to catch a soccer game in Boca as the Boca juniors were playing that afternoon. Well since we watned to walk off some of the previous evenings drinks we went to the stadium thinking that we could buy tickets at the door...well they dont do that here. So we tried to get tickets and got scamed. Oh well there goes another experience of life in Argentina.

Later that evening....Roger Waters from Pink Floyd was playing in town and was doing a randition of Dark Side of the Moon. What an evening. Who would of thought that my holidays here would get capped off with seeing Dark Side of the Moon and hearing 50,000 Argentinians singing to there popular songs. As I sat there during the concert I could not beleive that the album came out in 1972 and 35 years later I get to hear it live and in concert with the original creator himself. Another interesting thing...Dark Side of the Moon....and the relationship with the moon that I saw at the start of my trip at the Iguazu Falls where I saw the full moon come up over those amazing falls. WOW!!!!...what a trip it has been.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.