Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Wednesday......Miss spent youth or miss spent dollars

Now that is a political statement...

I left Parana this morning and headed for Mendoza...the wino capitol of Argetina....did yo notice the accent...lol...I just had to say that....lol

The drive to Mendozza was uneventful just long highways with not much to see other the occasional highway protest by truckers this time. Not much happening other than a gatherig of mind from what I could see....

Arriving in Mendoza from a highway that must of cost them a fortune and nothing to really substantiate them from spending the money. I am sure it could of been better spent in supporting the young homeless, kids, mothers that I saw while I am having dinner. I was harraseed a number of times while having dinner about suporting some cause or another.

As I got back to my rest stop for the evening actually 2 nights......I realize how fortunate we are....in dealing with life and what we expect from living in a certain city. I met two people from Canada and some from Britain. We all did the normal introductions and found out that the guys from Britain are touring south America on bikes. We had a covesation on miss spent youth playing pool during our school years and we traded off other similarities of growing up in different countries.

Tuesday....


Parana Siesta...

I decided to stay another night in Parana. This is a rest stop town. Its quiet and quaint. When I walked around this morning I could not beleive how alive this little city was. When I went back to the hotel to indicate that I was staying another night etc, I took another walk around this small city of 300,000 to learm more about the culture and I realized it was quiet. Well I forgot that some provinces respect the siesta. Not bad day I guess...start work at 8 am and close at noon and open again at 16h00 then close at 20h00. Ok what do people do now that they are awake and downtown.....well they go home??? I went into a resto...ok it was a bit busy but not overwhelming...and some other resto were closed...so a very mixed siesta here or i dont understand it. People can smoke in resto here.....but not many do. Napkins are not like the one we have.....they are so thin here and it feels like plactic paper...not absorbant at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgous Photos!
Lots of fun....
:)
Lana